Bayfest 2013

Bayfest 2013
Sick Puppies!!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Never Forget!!

I will never forget my experience Friday with Sick Puppies. That afternoon I was interviewed and put on the radio with Mark the Shark from TK101. This started my day off AWESOME! Later on, my friend Brittney and I were able to attend the meet and greet with Sick Puppies. At this point I was jumping out of my skin I was so excited. When I made to the table, I introduced myself to Shim.
Megan: "Hi my name is Megan, I am your interpreter this evening.I interpreted for you last time yall played at bayfest."
Shim: "Yea, I heard you on the radio."
I was able to get the band to sign my cd, while I was on cloud nine.
During the concert, I started interpreting the first couple of songs. I then switched with Sarah, a girl who was down in Mobile from Troy. While I was feeding signs to Sarah, I was watching the concert. At one point Shim looked at me and I could not understand at the time what he was saying. I then switched with Sarah to close out their set list. Sick Puppies had two songs left, and all the sudden I hear Shim ask me to get on the main stage with him. I could not climb over, so I ran around to the back of the stage. He said he wanted to see if I could keep up, and started singing. I could hardly contain myself. I could see my friend Brittney standing down where I was with her mouth open in shock. Shim asked what my name was and even announced it to the crowd of people. I even got a hug from Shim during this point. I can now die happy. This was the BEST experience at Bayfest and I do not believe anything could top it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment